English soup It is one of the most popular desserts and exists in almost every country in the world. Until today, its origin is completely unknown due to the lack of documentation, but it is undoubtedly a dish that identifies Italian regions such as Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria.
Your name “English“can be confusing, and it is believed that this is due to the fact that its creation was heavily inspired by the English cuisine of the Elizabethan era. Some believe that its origin is in Italy, while others are in France, specifically during the Hundred Years War years and to mock her English rivals, they called her English soup.
The truth is that recipe of dish as known today, was born in the middle of the nineteenth century in Modena, in the Emilia-Romagna region. It was created by a maid serving a family at the place who didn’t want to throw away leftover food, and by mixing the ingredients, this dessert was born.
How to cook English soup
- 20 vanilla
- 250 g dulce de leche dough
- 250 g whipped cream
- Syrup, required amount
1 liter of milk
250 g sugar
80 g cornstarch
Vanilla essence to taste
- To prepare the dough, heat the milk and add 125 g of sugar.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks with remaining sugar and cornstarch.
- Pour half of the boiling milk into a bowl and stir constantly. Then pour in the rest of the milk and stir over the fire until it boils. Let it thicken, remove from heat and add vanilla essence.
- Put a layer of vanilla (soaked in warm syrup) in a high side. Then add a layer of dulce de leche, another layer of whipped cream, another layer of soaked vanilla, and finally the dough.
- The surface can be decorated with grated chocolate.
English soup It takes little time to prepare and is perfect for any type of meeting as it is a very classic dessert. Next, we leave another type of recipe in case you want to use orange or lemon zest.
For questions, suggestions for new recipes and comments, we invite you to write to us at email@example.com and we will reply as soon as possible.