Cooking battered chicken is apparently very simple, but as with any cooking technique, there is a trick to making sure the piece is not overly oily or dry. In this case, the previous maceration helps a lot to make the chicken very juicy, and the classic flour batter has been replaced with a sesame batter, which will be much crispier.
Chicken in batter with honey and sesame
600 g chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
1 piece of ginger
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
extra virgin olive oil
Step by step preparation:
1. Cut the thighs into strips.
2. Crush the sesame seeds in a mortar.
3. To marinate the chicken, place honey, soy sauce and three tablespoons of oil in a bowl. Mix well and pour the mixture into a large container.
4. Peel the ginger and grate a little on top.
5. Leave the chicken strips to marinate for about 20 minutes, turning them over from time to time.
6. Remove, salt and sprinkle chicken strips with sesame seeds.
7. Pour a little oil into the pan and, when it is very hot, fry the chicken strips for 3-4 minutes on all sides over medium heat. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.