Haddock pie with mushrooms and cream is a tasty and nutritious dish that will solve any healthy lunch or dinner. This is the perfect dish for the whole family, including the little ones in the house, as it is a much more fun cooking format than regular grilled fish or fried with mushrooms.
Having a fine and soft texture, without scales, haddock adapts to any type of cookingA great example of this is this gourmet fried or baked pie topped with a delicious Creamy Mushroom Cream Sauce. As a finishing touch, a little Parmesan or soft cheddar cheese is added a few minutes before it’s ready to bake. This other touch will remove the reluctance of some to eat fish.
- Before making this recipe Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Season the fish fillet with a little salt, pepper and a mixture of dried herbs.
- Then, put the fillet on a heat-resistant dish not very deep, in molds or in separate baking dishes.
- Melt in a saucepan over medium/low heat, 3 tablespoons butter.
- Next, add minced garlic clove and mushrooms. Extinguish for a couple of minutes.
- When the mushrooms become tender and golden, Add flour and stir until it dissolves into butter.
- Stir for about 2 minutes. Then administer the cream little by littleto the flour mixture.
- Add sherry and keep stirring. until the mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika powder to taste
- Separately, in a saucepan, melt a tablespoon of butter over low heat, add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top of the haddock and mushroom sauce.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- To finish and spice up this rich haddock pie, sprinkle grated or grated cheese on top and bake for another 2-4 minutes so it’s gratin.
Serve this hearty haddock pie with mushrooms and cream topped with potato and onion slices. In addition, you can add, for example, stewed vegetables.