Queen Isabella II He is one of the most important characters in modern history and his reign was a turning point in history. She is the chief politician of the fifty-four member countries of the Commonwealth of Nations and is the supreme ruler of the Church of England. The sovereign was a witness to the main events, like the twentieth centuryas of XXI Century and admired by thousands of people around the world.
Although she lived through her 95th birthday last year in mourning over the death of her also long-lived husband, duke D Prince Philip of Edinburgh, this year, things seem to have slowly returned to normal, and despite his often busy schedule, his majesty is opening up space for a family celebration of his 96th anniversary of returning to the sun in the company of his closest family and members of the royal family. family is April 21, which is his official date of birth.
Like every year monarchhas 2 birthdays, one being the official date of birth and the other being the anniversary of her coronation and birth as Queen Elizabeth II, which is celebrated on June 2, starting in 1953 when she ascended the throne after the death of his father King George VI and Elizabeth, Queen Consort, who in turn ascended the throne following the abdication of her brother Edward VIII.
Why does Queen Elizabeth II celebrate two birthdays?
Contrary to what many of us might think, April 21 is actually the monarch’s family date. isabella II, Well, save all the holiday energy for your anniversary, June 2nd. However, the fact that the holiday is private and family does not mean that it is less important, as each year it has its own delicious chocolate cakeas stated by his former personal chef darren McGrady, who is also on his channel YouTubeHe said to prepare other desserts for the monarch.
However, like last year, we shared with you recipe of dish this peculiar dessert, which the sovereign loves so much, today we decided to share with you, no more and no less, the recipe of the Bakewell pieso if you are a fan of british culture you can dine on healthy food. queen Isabella II, who is probably unaware of your existence, but on an invisible level, your good vibes will probably reach him.
Bakewell piein accordance with Darren McGrady“It’s a classic English pastrieswhich should not be confused with Bakewell pudding, because it is considered a variant of the dessert that was born in the 20th century, and the pudding was born in the Middle Ages. places where you can find these desserts, but lest you go that far, today we present you with this symbolic recipe so that you can prepare it in the comfort of your home. This gives 8 servings.
- 28 grams of powdered sugar
- 226 grams all-purpose flour
- 141 grams chilled butter
- 1 egg
- 170 grams softened butter
- 170 grams of sugar
- 170 grams of almond flour or ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 170 grams of strawberry jam
- 113 amaretti biscuits
How are you preparing?
- For the dough, in a food processor, grind the flour, icing sugar and butter until you get the consistency of fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and knead the dough again.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to about ¼ inch thick and flatten an 8 inch diameter pan.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, line a baking dish with parchment paper and sprinkle with beans.
- Bake blind for about 15 minutes, then remove beans and paper; cook for another 5 minutes until dry. Pour the strawberry jam into the bottom of a pastry bag. Beat butter and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
- Add almond flour, egg and almond extract and mix. Pour carefully into a cake pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle crushed amaretti biscuits on top.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes, until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.