- Peel the onion and cut into small pieces (I do this in a food processor).
- Place in a bowl and add seasonings, raisins and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add cheese, stir.
- Grease a removable form with a diameter of 24 cm with butter, sprinkle with flour and distribute three-quarters of the dough along the bottom and walls.
- Add the onion, smooth the surface and cover with the remaining dough.
- Seal the edges with repulg, brush with egg, distribute the seeds and bake at about 170 °.
- Remove and serve.
The most interesting thing about this Recipe for onion, raisin and gruyère pie is that raw onions go very well with raisins. If other fruits are not available or if you prefer, they can be replaced with prunes or tender dates. Gruyere cheese is best cut into thin slices, but not grated much. To make this really fast, you can prepare the basic dough recipe in one step. Brush the onion, raisin and gruyère tart with egg and sprinkle with sunflower seeds before baking.