Queen Isabella II This Thursday, April 21, is his birthday, and without a doubt, the cake cannot miss an important holiday in the United Kingdom.
One of Elizabeth II’s favorite desserts is chocolate cake, and in this post we’re sharing the official recipe for the cake they make for the Queen of England.
How do you know the recipe?
It was at the celebration of the 94th birthday of Elizabeth II that the dessert recipe was published in the official accounts of The Royal Pastry Chefs.
Elizabeth II is one of the most traditional monarchs and always chooses the same dishes, but yes, a delicious piece of cake should never be missing as the queen doesn’t worry about including butter or sugar in her diet.
Want to make a real recipe?
Here it is.
Elizabeth II’s favorite cake recipe
- 15 g vinegar
- 300 ml milk
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 60 g butter (melted and cold)
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 g self-rising flour
- 75 cocoa powder
- 300 g powdered sugar
- 10 g baking soda
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- Cupcake boxes (if you want to bake cupcakes)
Ingredients for buttercream frosting or royal icing:
- 90 g high percentage dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 125 g powdered sugar
Royal icing instead of buttercream:
- Finished royal icing.
- Colored artificial food coloring (optional)
Cake preparation procedure:
- Preheat oven to 150 C
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Separately beat eggs with vanilla essence, melted butter, butter, milk and vinegar.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, little by little, without leaving lumps.
- Add chocolate chips (you can use nuts or dried fruits as an alternative).
If you want to bake cupcakes, place the cupcake liners on a baking sheet and spoon in equal parts of the mixture.
If you want to bake a chocolate cake, place the mixture in a cake pan that has been previously greased with butter.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, remove from oven when golden and springy to the touch.
- Let cool
The procedure for preparing butter glaze:
- Mix sugar and butter until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add warm melted chocolate.
- Use a spatula to spread the frosting over the top of the cake for decoration.
If you want to bake cupcakes like the chefs did and use royal icing, cut it into circles and place on top of each cupcake, shaping to your liking.
This is what it should look like if you decide to do it in the cupcake version.